Eikholt is a center of excellence in inter-disciplinary and broad-based knowledge and training in the fields of combined vision and auditory impairment and deafblindness. The Centre is situated in beautiful surroundings near the city of Drammen, 30 km west of Oslo.
- persons with combined vision and auditory impairment/deafblindness
- rehabilitation to professional life, studies and everyday life
- training for alternative communication
- optimization of vision and hearing
- training and adaptation to information technology
- seminars and services tailored for individual needs
- a meeting place for users, families and professionals
Eikholt Centre is tailored to the needs of people with combined visual and auditory impairment by its lighting, contrast- and colour conscious design, teleloop, and ice-free and guided nature paths. Eikholt is a non-profit institution owned by the Eikholt Foundation and funded by the Government of Norway.